2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Grease cookie sheet with a thin layer of margarine, or line with parchment paper.
3. Dissolve sugar in warm water in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Stir in yeast. Let stand 5 min.
5. Add 1 cup flour, salt and herbs (optional). Mix well. Add remaining flour. Mix well. Add extra flour a little at a time if dough is too sticky to handle.
6. Knead on floured counter for 2-3 minutes.
7. Shape into loaf, about 12” long. Make a few cuts across the top with a sharp knife.
8. Allow to rise for 10-15 min. If no time, skip this step. Bread will not be as fluffy, but still good.
9. Bake 15min. or until browned and baked through.