3/4 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
¾ cups half & half cream
¾ cups corn syrup
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground ginger
1. In a large bowl, cream wet ingredients until well combined with an electric mixer.
2. Mix dry ingredients into another large bowl.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, a cup or so at a time until the flour is mixed in. The dough will be quite difficult to stir at the end.
4. Roll handfuls of the dough into long "worms" about the width of your pan and to the diameter of a penny.
Lay them on wax or parchment paper in pans. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
5. After they're frozen, slice them up and bake on parchment-lined pans at 375F for 8-10 min.
It is VERY important to make each one the same thickness so that they bake evenly.