1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/3 c. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. water
3 egg yolks, beaten (save whites for meringue)
3 tbsp. butter
¼ cup lemon juice
1. Mix sugar & cornstarch together in a med. sauce pan.
2. Add water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1
3. Add yolks, one at a time, stirring well between each.
4. Boil for 1 minute more.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Pour into baked pie crust.
1. Beat egg whites (3) with electric mixer on high until the foam forms soft peaks.
2. Add 1/3 cup sugar.
3. Beat until the foam is stiff.
4. Top the pie with meringue and bake at 350 for 20-25 min. or until peaks are brown.