- ½ stick farmer sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp flour or corn starch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon (omit if using broth)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (peeling optional)
- 2 cups cubed potatoes (peeling is optional)
- 1 cob or can corn kernels
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp herbs of your choice (oregano, basil…)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Day 1 – Chop vegetables (except onions) and cover with 2 cups of water.
- Chop farmer sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- In large pot, sauté sausage with chopped onion until lightly browned.
- Deglaze with a little water if needed (lifts the browning off the pot and adds flavor)
- Add 2 tbsp flour to sausage and onions. Mix well. This is called a roux which thickens the soup slightly later.)
- Add milk, water, bouillon powder and the rest of the veggies.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add herbs and salt and pepper.
- Taste, adjust and enjoy!