- 2 cups flour: white, whole wheat or ½ of each
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup water
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add oil and water. Mix all ingredients together until a moist, but not sticky ball can be made from them. If your dough is too dry add a bit more water or if it's too wet then add a bit more flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, lightly floured working surface and knead for a couple of minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 balls. Take one of your balls of dough and flatten into a round disk with your hands, then place on a floured work surface. Using your rolling pin, roll the dough out as thin as possible, rotating the dough several times during the rolling process so it doesn't stick to the work surface. Your goal is a 10” tortilla (approx. your wrist to elbow in width).
4. Preheat a flat-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each side of the tortilla 2-3 minutes. No oil needed.