2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp herbs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Dissolve sugar in warm water in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand 5 min.
4. Add 1 cup flour and salt. Mix well. Add remaining 1 ¼ cups flour. Mix well. Add extra flour 1 tbsp at a time if dough is too sticky to handle.
5. Knead on floured counter for 2-3 minutes.
6. Divide dough into 6-8 pieces and roll each into a rope about 30cm (1 ruler length).
7. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 15min. or until browned and baked through.
8. In a glass measuring cup, melt 1 tbsp margarine in the microwave for 10 seconds.
9. Immediately out of the oven, brush with melted margarine and sprinkle with garlic salt and parsley flakes.