3/4 cup butter or margarine
¾ cup sugar
1/4 cup milk (depending on dough consistency)
1 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk
A few drops food colouring and flavoring if desired (almond, mint, etc)
Mix well. Add a more milk 1 tsp at a time if necessary.
1. Cream margarine and sugar with electric mixer.
2. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. Roll out on floured counter to ¼” thick.
7. Cut with floured cookie cutters.
8. If decorating with coloured sugar – do so now. If using icing, add after baking.
9. Place on parchment-lined pan and bake for 8-10 min. Do not overbake!
Day 1 & 2 can be done on the same day but the dough will just be a little harder to handle (stickier) so use a little more flour when rolling
NOTE: If decorating with coloured sugar, do so BEFORE baking. If using icing, add when cookies are cooled.